Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start. Yesterday I woke up at 5:15am with snuggles from Mckenna and even though it was early it felt good to be up and going and getting things done before leaving the house. Waking up just a bit earlier really does make a difference…this from someone who is NOT a morning person!
Well, I thought I’d do something a little different and start a once-a-month series on my FAVORITES! I watch a lot of beauty Youtubers share their monthly beauty favorites and I always find it exciting to see what great products are out there that other gals are using and why.
I do love beauty products, however, I use a lot more in my daily life besides make up and hair spray so, while I’ll be sure to include some beauty items each month, I also want to add in my favorite items of the month that made my home run smoother, my life a little less stressful, and those things that just make me happy using them. So here we go…month 1!
Beauty – My holy grail makeup this last month has consisted of a few key items:
1: I’ve been using the Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector as a primer as well as something to give my fair skin a little boost in color. I love the lightweight, mousse-like, texture of this product. It evens out my skin and gives me a glow that looks beautiful alone or under makeup.
2. My favorite foundation these days had been the cult favorite Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in the shade Warm Nude. This foundation is perfection!! It gives the most beautiful, my-skin-but-better finish. It’s fresh looking and never too much. I just love it!
3. I use a BH Cosmetics Flat Blending Face Brush to apply my foundation and blend out concealer and other cream products on my face. The quality of these brushes is amazing and the price is super affordable, too!
4. For my eyes I’ve been loving a matte look lately which can be worn natural or for a more glam look. I’m loving 2 palettes right now: the Too Faced Natural Matte Eye Palette and the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette. Both of these have a beautiful range of colors that are nicely pigmented and easily blended.
5. I’m also going to throw in a product I’ve been loving to take off my makeup. The Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Ageing Melting Cleanser is a gel/oil cleanser that you apply to dry skin and then rinse off and it takes off every speck of makeup, even waterproof eye makeup, and leaves my skin feeling soft and never over-dry.
Home – I actually don’t mind cleaning because I love the end result so much that it makes the job worth it, however, if I’m using the right tools and products it really makes each task that much easier and more enjoyable.
1. In our new home we have hardwood floors throughout the entry, office, kitchen, and dining areas and, while I love the floors, they do show the dog hair and dirt that’s brought in so I knew I needed a great way to keep the floors clean with as little effort as possible on my part. I found the Bissell All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop and I love it! In one step I can mop and vacuum and my floors can stay looking nice. We’ve used a Swiffer vac in the past but found it was good for picking up dog hair but not much more so I knew I needed something with a little more oomph in the vacuum department and this really does the trick. The steam mop is also a great feature and I love this you can do both vacuuming and mopping all at once to save time!
2. One last item(s) to mention that we use to keep the house clean are from Method. I especially love their all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, hand wash, daily wood spray, and daily granite cleaner for my home. These “clean like heck + smell like heaven” and I take comfort knowing I’m using more natural products in the home we live at with our kids and pet.
Style – so I’m no style guru, but I know what I like and as we transition into fall I’m loving the following items:
- I love a good flat to wear to the office and while chasing my kids so when I found these flats at Target I was super excited!! I have these in 3 colors and wear them with anything from jeans to dress pants to dresses and they are just so comfortable and versatile For the price you can’t help picking up a few pairs.
- The Old Navy Pixi Ankle Pants have also been a constant item in my closet for the past month or so. I have these in black and gray and I love that they are structured and nice enough to wear to work but comfy enough to pair with a tunic and hang out at the park with my kids in. (They also pair quite nicely with those flats I mentioned above).
Well, I think that’s about it for this month’s favorites. I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek into the items I’ve been loving. I’m already working on a list for next month!
Continue to have a great week and I’ll see you on the next post!