I have been receiving an ipsy glam box subscription for the past 2 months and my second delivery came about a week ago so I was very eager to see what it contained.
Ipsy is a $10 monthly beauty subscription service that starts by taking an online quiz to determine the most optimal products to match your skin tone, type, and makeup preferences and then they send you a cute little make up bag each month with aproximately 5 sample items to try out. Their website offers full sized products as well as discounts on specific items daily.
My ipsy bag this month contained the following items:
1. Noyah Lipstick in Desert Rose – although I am more of a gloss girl, this was a pretty color and the formula was nice and smooth
2. Doll 10 HydraGel Cream Blush in Flirt – again a nice natural rosy color.
Decent staying power and blend ability
3. Lord & Berry Lip Pencil in Nude – I am not sure I have ever worn a lip liner but this was a pretty, nude color that I have used to fill in my lips and top with gloss for long lasting color.
4. Albertini International Divine Skin Hydrator, In Shower Body Moisturizer – honestly, I feel like “in shower” products are a little gimicky and I didn’t have high hopes but this really does feel like it lends long lasting moisture to my skin.
5. Eco Beauty Good Night. Night Cream. – this face cream touts super hydration and plumper looking skin and although I don’t think I can tell that my skin has plumped I do think it’s a nice emollient moisturizer that kind of tingles when I apply it after cleansing my face which I like…feels like it’s working, ya know?
I am still on the fence about this service…the items I have received have not blown me away and, although I am getting to try some new products some of the items I have received are not anything I’d typically pick or use so I am not sure how beneficial this will be. I will keep it up for a couple more months and will decide once I have experienced a few more glam bags.